What is adsense?
AdSense is a free, simple way to earn money by displaying targeted ads next to your online content. With AdSense, you can show relevant and engaging ads to your site visitors and even customize the look and feel of ads to match your website.
Difference between adwords and adsense
The Google Adwords program enables you to create advertisements which will appear on relevant Google Search result pages and network of partner sites.
The Google Adsense is a program differs in that delivers Google Adwords ads to individual websites. Google then pays web publishers for the ads displayed on their site based on user clicks on ads or an ad impressions, depending on the type of ad.
How does Adsense Works?
AdSense works by matching text and display ads to your site based on your content and visitors. The ads are created and paid for by advertisers who want to promote their products. Since these advertisers pay different prices for different ads the amount you earn will vary.
- Apply for Adsense account at adsense.com.
- Once Approved by google – login to your Adsense interphase and choose type of ad units (text, images, rich media ads) to be displayed on your website.
- Generate ad code
- Choose placement of ad to be displayed.
- Specify where you want the ad and paste the ad code.
How to sign up for AdSense
- Create an AdSense account
- Activate your account
- Finalize the setup of your account
- Fully activated account
How does Adsense Pay?
- Google gets paid on pay-per-click (PPC) & Pay per impression (PPM). So google pays you accordingly. On PPC or PPM depending on the type of ad that you are running on your website.
Here’s how AdSense works in three steps:
1) You make your ad spaces available
You make your website ad spaces available by pasting ad code on your site, and choose where you want the ads to appear.
2) The highest paying ads appear on your site
Advertisers bid to show in your ad spaces in a real-time auction. The highest paying ad will show on your site.
3) You get paid
Google handles the process of billing all advertisers and networks for the ads on your site, to make sure you receive your payments.
AdSense revenue share
For displaying ads with AdSense for content, publishers receive 68% of the revenue recognized by Google in connection with the service. For AdSense for search, publishers receive 51% of the revenue recognized by Google. These percentages are consistent, regardless of a publisher’s geographic location, and are not in any way averaged between publishers. Google don’t disclose the revenue share for other AdSense products; the revenue share varies for other products due to different costs of developing and supporting these products.
Learn about the kind of ads you can use with AdSense and what makes each different.
- Text ads
- Display ads
- Rich media ads
- Dynamic image ads
- Video ads
- HTML ads
- Link units
- Responsive ads
- Matched content
If Google doesn’t activate your AdSense account
Top 3 three reasons why your adsense request declined by Google.
1) Your AdSense account can’t be activated because you have two AdSense accounts
2) Your AdSense account can’t be activated because your site doesn’t follow the AdSense program policies
3) Your site seems to be unavailable when Google was reviewing your website.
How to get approved for adsense?
Eligibility to participate in AdSense
While Google can’t say whether your site would be eligible without fully reviewing your application, there are a few things you can check before applying to see if your site would be a good fit with AdSense.
- Do you have your own site?
- Does your site comply with Google program policies?
- Has your site been active for at least six months?
- Are you at least 18 years old?
Why Adsense account gets deactivated?
Adsense account gets deactivated because of following reasons:
- By clicking on your own ads or even asking yoru friends to do it.
- By placing ad on adult or copyright content.
- Encouraging visitors to click on Ads or creating incentives to click to ads.
- Using more than recommended ads.
- Using copyrighted materials on your site.
Why Adsense account gets failed after being activated.
- Fail to bring in traffic.
- Lack of poor content.
- Poor CTR of ads.
- No on-page SEO.