WHAT IS CONTENT MARKETING?
Content Marketing means creating and sharing valuable free content to attract and convert prospects into customers, and customers into repeat buyers. The type of content you share is closely related to what you sell; in other words, you’re educating people so that they know, like, and trust you enough to do business with you.
If you’re interested in marketing your business online (and who isn’t at this point), you can’t escape hearing about content marketing. It’s everywhere you look, or listen.
How to build a Successful Content Marketing Strategy in 7 Steps?
- Plan- Who you are, Where you are, Where you want to be
- Audience- Who you want to tell it to
- Story- What story you want to tell
- Channel- Where you want to tell it (Facebook, Twitter, Email, Linkedin, Blog)
- Process- Create and manage, Optimize, aggregate
- Conversations- Converse & listen (Interact with your audience)
7- Measurement- Measure and learn
Building an Authority Blog
An authority blog targets a specific market or group of like-minded individuals. It is designed to be the ultimate resource for that topic. Its primary goal isn’t to make an instant sale. Instead the site is used to educate the user in order to establish a long-term (but profitable) relationship.
The Development Process
There will be three phases for any new blog:
Phase 1 – Building The Foundation
This will be pretty much like building a niche site. I will do basic stuff like:
- Choosing domain and hosting. (subdomain or a new domain)
- Setting up website. (WordPress)
- Content planning& keyword research. (Content marketing strategy 7 steps process)
- Create publishing schedule (A routine of when what type of content will be posted and how it will be marketed)
- Hiring content writers. (full-time/part-time from freelancer.com, elance.com, odesk.com, iwriter.com)
- Creating rich valuable content. (new content or skyscraper method)
- Marketing content.
Phase 2 – Authority Building
This phase will focus on creating massively valuable content that attract shares and links naturally. We will also start reaching out to bloggers and developing relationships with them for guest blogging opportunities.
Creating content consistently is also a MUST for this phase. Building an authority blog is like a marathon, not a sprint. And don’t forget that it is a long term process.
Phase 3 – Monetize
Although can start monetizing the site from day one with affiliate reviews/links/suggestions, But we would also begin to create my own products.
How to Create Content that Isn’t a Joke?
- Answering websites like yahooanswers and quora.com- not just respond to questions but taking ideas from then on what to write about.
- Set alerts like Google alerts, en.mention.com, socialmention.comto keep a track on what people are talking about your industry.
- Use keyword research tools like longtailpro.com or Google keyword planner tool to find search queries on Google
- Contact people/companies in your industry to write about them(success stories, case studies, examples, Interviews)
- Subscribe to good blogs in your industry
- Be updated for news and casestudies
- Be a good and active social animal
- Skyscraper technique- This is an highly productive technique not just to find out what content to write about but to make your blog and authority blog. Content written via this technique often ranks well on search engines. In this technique we find top content on web for our keywords/area of interest and re-write it by updating it and adding things which can be added to make it even more comprehensive. Foreg- If there is an article which headlines reads- “11 reasons you should do content marketing” then we can add few more points to it and write – “21 reasons why content marketing is important for your business”
How to find top content?
- References used by Wikipedia
- Google search
- Content curators
- Open site explorer
- Daily experiences
- Daily experiences- Keep your eyes open and seek content opportunity while socializing. You meet all kinds of people daily in meetings, while commuting, in events, get together, etc. For eg- Famous singer Honey singh writes his songs after observing society
- Have expert people write for you- Hire experts from your industries to share their experiences with you via webinars, articles, interviews, etc
- Be open for guest post- Have a “write for us” page on your blog and let other guest bloggers reach you and write for you.
How to market your content?
- Social media
- Directories- ebooks directories, infographic directories, video websites, etc
- Multiple versions of same content- for eg- an article can be made available in podcast, can be converted into infographic, can be posted on slideshare in form of an PPT, etc
- Find who has linked to similar content in past- this can be done by using tools like OSE, Majestic SEO
- Connect with Influencers (See 10 step guide on how to connect with influencers online)
- Forums- Search for forums related to your industry and create multiple accounts on them and help people by providing more info with your content
- Guestpost- Will not give you thousands of visitors but traffic coming in via a guest post will not just be a visitor but may be a second customer or follower.
- Email- At times Old is gold. Promoting your piece of content via email is very common but a highly effective method. Shooting e-mailers to your opt-in list increases followers, builds second customers with better brand image.
- Second customer- Writing compelling content over a period of time will build lots of second customers for you which will help your content go places and increase its visibility
I like this site very much so much fantastic information.
I dugg some of you post as I cogitated they were handy handy
Thanks for helping out, fantastic info .
Keep working ,great job!
he blog was how do i say it… relevant, finally something that helped me. Thanks
F*ckin¦ awesome things here. I am very happy to see your article. Thank you a lot and i’m looking forward to contact you. Will you please drop me a e-mail?
I like this post, enjoyed this one thank you for putting up. “It is well to give when asked but it is better to give unasked, through understanding.” by Kahlil Gibran.
Thanks a lot
Hello! This post couldn’t be written any better! Reading this post reminds me of my old room mate! He always kept chatting about this. I will forward this page to him. Fairly certain he will have a good read. Many thanks for sharing!
Somebody essentially help to make seriously articles I would state. This is the first time I frequented your website page and up to now? I surprised with the research you made to make this actual post extraordinary. Magnificent job!
I am glad to be one of the visitants on this great website (:, thanks for posting.
Great goods from you, man. I’ve understand your stuff previous to and you’re just extremely wonderful. I really like what you’ve acquired here, certainly like what you are stating and the way in which you say it. You make it enjoyable and you still care for to keep it wise. I can’t wait to read much more from you. This is really a tremendous website.
Thanks for your comment
Thanks for sharing, this is a fantastic post. Will read on…
Nice post. I was checking continuously this blog and I am impressed! Extremely helpful info specially the last part 🙂 I care for such info much. I was looking for this certain information for a long time. Thank you and good luck.
I love it when people come together and share opinions, great blog, keep it up.
Hello! I could have sworn I’ve been to this website before but after reading through some of the post I realized it’s new to me. Anyhow, I’m definitely glad I found it and I’ll be bookmarking and checking back often!
Thank you for the sensible critique. Me and my neighbor were just preparing to do a little research about this. We got a grab a book from our area library but I think I learned more from this post. I am very glad to see such wonderful information being shared freely out there.
Thanks on your marvelous posting! I definitely enjoyed reading it, you are a great author.I will be sure to bookmark your blog and will come back in the future. I want to encourage you to continue your great posts, have a nice holiday weekend!
Thanks a lot.
You are my inspiration , I have few blogs and sometimes run out from to brand.
Thanks a ton.
Simply want to say your article is as amazing. The clarity for your post is just spectacular and i can assume you’re knowledgeable on this subject. Well together with your permission let me to grab your RSS feed to keep up to date with coming near near post. Thanks 1,000,000 and please continue the enjoyable work.
I haven’t checked in here for a while as I thought it was getting boring, but the last several posts are good quality so I guess I’ll add you back to my daily bloglist. You deserve it my friend 🙂
Howdy very nice web site!! Man .. Beautiful .. Wonderful .. I’ll bookmark your blog and take the feeds additionally…I’m satisfied to find numerous helpful information right here within the post, we’d like develop more strategies in this regard, thanks for sharing.
Great blog here! Also your web site loads up fast! What web host are you using? Can I get your affiliate link to your host? I wish my site loaded up as fast as yours lol
Hosting is by hostgator.com Thanks
Wow! Thank you! I continuously wanted to write on my blog something like that. Can I take a portion of your post to my website?
Thanks for liking it but Create yourself you can share it with someone and if want to se mine then do credit my blog there. Thanks a lot
I’ve read some good stuff here. Definitely worth bookmarking for revisiting. I surprise how much effort you put to create such a excellent informative site.
I think this is a real great article. Want more.
It’s awesome to visit this web page and reading the views of all mates about this paragraph,
while I am also eager of getting experience.
Hi there! Do you use Twitter? I’d like to follow you if that would be okay.
I’m undoubtedly enjoying your blog and look forward
to new updates.
This is our twitter handle https://twitter.com/vindhyaprocess Please follow us.
It’s really a great and useful piece of info. I’m satisfied that
you shared this helpful info with us. Please keep us informed like this.
Thank you for sharing.
Thanks will really update you can see other posts on https://www.vindhyaprocess.com/blog
I love your blog.. very nice colors & theme. Did you
make this website yourself or did you hire someone to do it for you?
Plz reply as I’m looking to design my own blog and would
like to know where u got this from. kudos
I’m not that much of a online reader to be honest
but your blogs really nice, keep it up! I’ll go ahead and bookmark your website to come back
later on. Many thanks
Thanks a lot!!
great publish, very informative. I’m wondering why the opposite experts of this
sector don’t notice this. You should continue your writing.
I am confident, you’ve a huge readers’ base already!
A fascinating discussion is worth comment. There’s no doubt that
that you need to publish more on this issue, it might not be a taboo subject but generally people do not speak about these
topics. To the next! Many thanks!!
You’ve made some really good points there. I looked on the net to
find out more about the issue and found most people will go
along with your views on this web site.